Job Aborted due to Oracle Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

melgar
Participant

Job Aborted due to Oracle Error

Post by melgar »

Hi Everyone,

I was running a job in multiple instance that updates an Oracle table (R_BATCH). The job accepts parameters for invocation ID and I made sure that each instance has a unique invocation ID. The job aborted with the DS Director log refering me the Oracle log file. When I opened it, the error says:

"SQL*Loader-937: parallel load requested and R_BATCH has enabled triggers or constraints."

Can anybody tell me how to address this?

Thanks in advance.

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Re-read the message back from Oracle.
At the operating system prompt, use the oerr command to get more information about this error.
What it suggests is that you can not parallel-load a table that has triggers or constraints enabled, which does seem odd but not impossible. Someone more knowledgable than I about Oracle will likely publish more useful information.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

When bulk loaders were first invented you could only bulk load into tables without constraints and indexes. As they got more complex they could bulk load into almost anything. Now you are trying to parallel bulk into a table with triggers and/or constraints. The database is complaining about the level of complexity you have required. You may have to disable your constraints and/or triggers before you start and enable them after you are done bulk loading.
Mamu Kim