Shared containers

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chaitanyavm
Participant

Shared containers

Post by chaitanyavm »

We are using Shared containers big time. Both the parallel and server containers for their respective jobs. We get many intermittent failures with /tmp/ProjectName.JobName.#0.ContainerName.StageName) - No such file or directory. Any one has any thoughts? Or is anyone getting similar errors.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is /tmp becoming full during processing?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chaitanyavm
Participant

Post by chaitanyavm »

Ray,

I dont think that /tmp is becoming full. We have 70 gigs of scratch space available. I also montiored the space while the job was running it never went more than 10%

Chaitanya
priyaram
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by priyaram »

We also using the parallel shared containers.
but while calling the shared containers, the file is not in that unix box.
so what we have to do is we have to compile the shared container first and then we have to use that.
gh_amitava
Participant

Post by gh_amitava »

Hi,

You can't compile a shared container. You can only save it.

You just try to attach the shared container in your main job and define the input and output links of the container along with table definitions very carefully. Then compile the job. I think it will work.

Regards
Amitava