Ascential Data Concept tools

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aolasoji_2
Participant

Ascential Data Concept tools

Post by aolasoji_2 »

Message deleted
Last edited by aolasoji_2 on Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Can any body tell me which DS tool can be used to achieve the following objectives:
1. I need to do some data cleansing and I need an Ascential tool
- QualityStage for free text fields such as addresses, names, gender. DataStage for business rules such as defaulting, codes, numbers, dates.
2. I need to carry out some data profiling
- QualityStage can do some profiling. ProfileStage is the Ascential profiling tool but it can be expensive. If you are only doing a bit of profiling then compare ProfileStage to cheaper alternatives such as Avellino Discover.
3. I remove duplicates from a data
- Only QualityStage can remove duplicates with fuzzy name matching (matching John to Jonh, Smith to Smyth etc). DataStage can dedupe with as much success as most databases (distinct deduping).
4. Is there any Ascential tool that can be used for data mapping
- DataStage to perform the mapping, MetaStage to report on data lineage.
5. Data Transformation tool
- DataStage.
6. Data loading tool
- DataStage and database bulk load programs.
7. Data Archiving.
- DataStage.
8. Does anybody have any idea which databases are supported by ascential product and on what OS.
- Almost all commercial DBs on most Windows, Unix and Linux platforms. Mainframe 390 job support at an additional cost. See the Ascential web site for a full list.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Vincent

This sounds like job interview questions. We really should not answer job interview questions.
Mamu Kim
aolasoji_2
Participant

Post by aolasoji_2 »

[quote="kduke"]Vincent

This sounds like job interview questions. We really should not answer job interview questions.[/quote]

Thanks Vincent for your answer, this is not an interview question.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Read the product descriptions on www.ascential.com or give the Melbourne Ascential office a call, they are in the White Pages. If you are thinking of buying licenses then they would love to hear from you!