migration6.02 to 7.0 issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kamesh
Participant

migration6.02 to 7.0 issue

Post by kamesh »

I have a migrated a job from 6.02 to 7.0 version.But i have foud while running the job all null values in the source dataset in that job are transfered to empty values in the target dataset.This jobs contains source dataset,lookup stage and target dataset.This was working fine in 6.02 version.
let me know the solution anyone for this problem.
Thanks
kamesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It might be useful to have some idea of your job design, in particular what stage types you are using, and of the exact release numbers of DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
garthmac
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by garthmac »

I found the floowing out during testing jobs when upgrading from DS 6.0.1 to DS 7.1r1 :

DS 7.1 handles Varchars that are empty strings differently to DS 6.0.1 When outputting to an AS400 DB2 target file, DS 6.x treats Varchar empty strings as an empty string, whereas DS 7.1 outputs these as NULLS.

I don't know why this is the case, but I had to apply a simple routine to handle the small number of files in 3 jobs that were afftected.