warning in the sequential file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lakshmipriya
Participant

warning in the sequential file

Post by lakshmipriya »

I am trying to read a column from a sequentile file to use it in the DB2 to delete the records. While running this job i am getting the following warning

SEQL_File: Import consumed only 10bytes of the record's 106 bytes (no further warnings will be generated from this partition)

How can i remove this warning

Can anyone help me out in this regard
Lakshmi
Peytot
Participant

Post by Peytot »

with the version 7.1 I don't know :( , but with the version 7.5, you can filter your warning :) . So, In your case, you can remove it.

Pey
leo_t_nice
Participant

Post by leo_t_nice »

Hi

It sounds like there is more data on the row in the source file than has been declared in the schema. If the column is defined as CHAR(10) and the sequential file has a row with 20 characters in it, you will get a message similar to the one you got. The warning says that the column was defined as only 10 characters, but 20 (for example) were found.

You could avoid this by changing the column type to VARCHAR (but beware that there may be a performance issue doing this, depending on which version of PX you have). An alternative could be to change the final delimiter to None.

Hope this helps