Resolving of error in Join Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Madhav_M
Participant

Resolving of error in Join Stage

Post by Madhav_M »

Hi
How to resolve the following error!

Join_inToTRNS_2: When checking operator: Dropping component "TRAN_ITEM_SEQ_I" because of prior component with same name

FYI I have 2 inputs to a join stage both the inputs contain TRAN_ITEM_SEQ_I. Is that a problem?? then how to resolve that?
vbeeram
Participant

Post by vbeeram »

Cant you declare TRAN_ITEM_SEQ_I as Key field ?
Also tell which join ur using?

Regards
Beeram
leo_t_nice
Participant

Post by leo_t_nice »

Hi

It might be a problem if the two columns with name had different values in them for the same key values :)

When you make a join, PX will propogate all the columns from the primary input link to the output link, plus any 'extra' columns that it finds from the join stage. If you have two non-key columns with the same name, only the values from the primary link will carry forward, and the other will be dropped - hence the warning.

It IS only a warning and if you don't need the data from the column then you could drop it from the join stage, or rename and ignore it. If you DO need the data from the joined column then you will need to rename it in order to use later in PX.

Hope this helps