PX job design guidelines

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

johnorr
Participant

PX job design guidelines

Post by johnorr »

Hi

We use PX on AIX and Oracle as Database. We maintain a sales datawarehouse in our company which gets data from other databases based on Oracle and DB2.

I am interested in knowing the best practices for PX job design.
Eventhough there are many different ways of accomplishing job design and development, how will you know which of the designs work perfect for my environment.

Are there any guidelines available either from ascential or others concerned with PX job design.

Please inform. Thank You
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

Please edit your profile, tell us a little more about yourself and how you're using Ascential products. This isn't a marketing site; it's a user community (your details are not used for any purpose).

Ascential run a series of training classes. Some of them are available for delivery via the Web. Check out Ascential Software web site for more information about Education (it's under Services). The training series runs "DataStage Essentials", "Advanced DataStage" then "DataStage Best Practices" though there has been talk of combining the latter two. Separate training is available for PX and server, though the class names are the same. For example, there's DS324 for server and DS324-PX for parallel (and even DS324-MF for mainframe).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.