Oracle Connection

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Rajendran
Participant

Oracle Connection

Post by Rajendran »

We are not able to connect to Oracle using ORACLE or DRS stage. Following is the error message:

##I TFCN 000001 17:36:36(000) <main_program>
DataStage XE Parallel Extender V7.0.1
Copyright (C) 2003, 1997 - 2002 Ascential Software, Inc.
All Rights Reserved

##I TUTL 000031 17:36:36(001) <main_program> The open files limit is 60; raising to 1024.
##I TOSH 000002 17:36:37(000) <main_program> orchgeneral: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 17:36:37(001) <main_program> orchsort: loaded
##I TOSH 000002 17:36:37(002) <main_program> orchstats: loaded
##I TFSC 000001 17:36:37(003) <main_program> APT configuration file: /ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Configurations/default.apt
##W TCOS 000049 17:36:38(000) <main_program> Parameter specified but not used in flow: DSProjectMapName
>##E TOSH 000205 17:36:38(001) <main_program> PATH search failure:
>##E TOSH 000000 17:36:38(002) <main_program> Error loading "orchoracle": Could not find "orchoracle" on the library search path defined by the environment variable SHLIB_PATH; path: /ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/ERDM_Dev/buildop:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSCAPIOp:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/RTIOperators:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSParallel:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC2.0/server:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC2.0:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/user_lib:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/lib:/usr/lib:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc/lib:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/uvdlls:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC/hotspot:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC:/appl/ora9i/lib32:/appl/ora9i/bin:/appl/ora9i/lib:/appl/ora9i/rdbms/lib
>##E TOSH 000000 17:36:38(003) <main_program> Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "oraread"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers
>##E TCOS 000029 17:36:38(004) <main_program> Creation of step finished with status = FAILED
>

Let me know who faced this problems and solution needed.

By,
RAJa
umasatyam
Participant

Post by umasatyam »

Hi,

Check the location of the orchoracle.so. It is normally located in PXEngine/lib. Change LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable to add this path in the dsenv . Stop and restart the engine...it should work...

Alternatively add this path to the library search path applicable to all users at the OS level.
Rajendran
Participant

Post by Rajendran »

Thanks for your help. But I don’t find that file anywhere in my UNIX box. Can you please let me know how to proceed further?

Thanks for your assistance

Raja
Rajendran
Participant

Post by Rajendran »

Pls anyone let me know the further process??

By,
RAJa
SureshRP
Participant

Post by SureshRP »

Hi,

Have you installed any of the Oracle Plugins while installing DataStage ?

Not sure if this is installed without installing any oracle plugins (I'm also new to DS...). If not try adding an Oracle Plugin and check for that file...It should come along with that.

What version of Oracle are you having ?

Is there any other "*orchoracle*" in your server ?

In my server orchoracle.so is a symbolic link to liborchoraclei686.so

check for this file after adding an oracle plugin. If you get only this file then create a symbolic link orchoracle and add the path into your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

cheers.
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

check the docs ...

You will have to have given the oracle client install directory when installing DataStage on the Unix box.

Then there are a few things you need to set in you environment about the oracle clients you have installed on the server

i.e
Add ORACLE_HOME/lib to SHLIB_PATH
Add ORACLE_HOME/bin to PATH
Add $ORACLE_HOME
Add $ORACLE_SID