Problem with Oracle Enterprise PlugIn

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vishvas
Participant

Problem with Oracle Enterprise PlugIn

Post by Vishvas »

The problem is that when I try to use the Oracle Enterprise stage to view data on the PX side , I get the following response:

Error executing View Data command:
>##E TOSH 000000 17:36:38(002) <main_program> Error loading "orchoracle": Could not find "orchoracle" on the library search path defined by the environment variable SHLIB_PATH; path: /ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/ERDM_Dev/buildop:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSCAPIOp:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/RTIOperators:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSParallel:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC2.0/server:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC2.0:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/user_lib:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/lib:/usr/lib:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/branded_odbc/lib:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/lib:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/uvdlls:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC/hotspot:/ascl/dsadm/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/java/jre/lib/PA_RISC:/appl/ora9i/lib32:/appl/ora9i/bin:/appl/ora9i/lib:/appl/ora9i/rdbms/lib
>##E TOSH 000000 17:36:38(003) <main_program> Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "oraread"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers
>##E TCOS 000029 17:36:38(004) <main_program> Creation of step finished with status = FAILED

I can not find anything in all of the online documents that explains what configuration files need to be updated and what they should look like or contain.

Thanks for any assistance...

Arun
Eric
Participant

Post by Eric »

Try adding the oracle client info into your environment as per the PX Oracle docs