Join stage warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Join stage warning

Post by mandyli »

Hi

In my job I am using Joining stage (Outer Join) for joining two sources. For joining I imported mete data from two tables and then edited some of the output column name in Joining stage but job is running fine even thought I am getting following warning

[code]JOIN_stage : When checking operator: Dropping component "transaction_Date" because of prior component with same name [/code]

Please give some solution
lakshmipriya
Participant

Post by lakshmipriya »

Try to change the columns names in it, since if u r using more than one joiner it might have this kind of problems. So Inside the joiner try to change the column names and run the job.

Even i 2 faced this kind of problem before, now it got solved using this name changing
Lakshmi
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Is there any chance that you have "transaction_id" being selected from both tables? This would cause some confusion for DataStage as it prefers unique column names. As mandyli has recommended change the name of your "transaction_id" columns to give them a different name within DataStage or remove one of them from the query.
leo_t_nice
Participant

Post by leo_t_nice »

Hi

You will get this warning message when you have columns in the join tables which have the same name but which are NOT key columns.

The values from only one of these columns can be carried forward when the column names are the same, and these will be from the first link (as defined in the link-ordering tab).

If you need the data from both columns then you must rename one of them. If you don't need both columns then you could drop it from one of the tables, or rename the column and not propagate it.

Hope this helps
vbeeram
Participant

Post by vbeeram »

Define that column as key column then try.

Regards
Beeram