Differenent DB2 setting for different runs in a single stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lakshmipriya
Participant

Differenent DB2 setting for different runs in a single stage

Post by lakshmipriya »

I want to have a DB2 stage which has to have a Insert as setting for certain number of runs and it should to truncate for the next and this whole process has to repeat in a cyclic process. How can I achieve this?

For expample, if i have 5 buckets of data running in a consequtive process with job specific setting as insert and after a successive run of this full cycle this DB2 has to be truncated and then inserted for for next 5 runs
Lakshmi
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Truncate operation not possible in DB2 use delete for table truncate. Please explain more clear about your requirements.
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi Lakshmi,

Pls remove the same topic that you posted earlier.

Rgds
--Rich
lakshmipriya
Participant

Post by lakshmipriya »

mandyli wrote:Truncate operation not possible in DB2 use delete for table truncate. Please explain more clear about your requirements.
I have extraction dates for a same job which has to be passed as a parameter to create a temporary table. This is has to be inserted and transfered to another tables by performing some transformation. After completion of one successful cycle of this whole transfer this temporary table created in between has to be trauncated and should be without any data for the next cylce of operation. How can i achieve this?

Thanks for ur response
Lakshmi
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi Lakshmi,

What is the purpose of the temporary table?. You can use a Dataset for temporary storage. The Dataset need not be truncated but overwritten with the data from current cycle and used to load the database. You can also have different datasets based on different extraction dates.

HTH
--Rich
lakshmipriya
Participant

Post by lakshmipriya »

richdhan wrote:Hi Lakshmi,

What is the purpose of the temporary table?. You can use a Dataset for temporary storage. The Dataset need not be truncated but overwritten with the data from current cycle and used to load the database. You can also have different datasets based on different extraction dates.

HTH
--Rich
Hi richdan

thanks for the response, actually in my job i have to handle 60million of datas so i prefer to go by db2 stage. Could u pls sujjest any file set that can handle this amount of data
Lakshmi
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi Lakshmi,

It is not the matter of 60 million rows but how much size each row would occupy on the disk. So if your 60 million rows occupies lies than than 2GB size on the disk it is better to use FileSet stage. I dont know the limitation of a dataset stage but as for as the Ascential Documentation goes for large volumes of data a Fileset Stage is preffered.

You can probably post this on ADN and find out the maximum size to which a dataset can grow.

HTH
--Rich
lakshmipriya
Participant

Post by lakshmipriya »

Actrually in my project in am dealing with a very huge amount of datas around 1-2 TB
Lakshmi