Job Restart from the abort point

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bapajju
Participant

Job Restart from the abort point

Post by bapajju »

Hi All,
I am using Parallel Extender 7. I am extracting data from DB2 and the number of records is 5500000000 (550M). I am putting this data into DB2. Now my job aborts at 250M (250000000) the record. Now when doing a reload I want to start it from 2500000001 th record. Kindly let me know how to achieve this.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You could use a constraint to start at @INPUTROW > StartRow where StartRow is a parameter. I am not sure if this works in PX.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'd be more concerned with finding out why it aborts, and correcting that situation. How do you know that all of the 250M records were successfully loaded?
That said, the approach is basically to determine the row counts - there are many ways to do that - and to use the appropriate one as the start point for your next run.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bapajju
Participant

Post by bapajju »

kduke wrote:You could use a constraint to start at @INPUTROW > StartRow where StartRow is a parameter. I am not sure if this works in PX.
Thanks Duke.We'r trying the same.
gh_amitava
Participant

Post by gh_amitava »

Hi,

Do not use @INPUTROW in PX partitioned jobs because the value of @INPUTROW will be different in different partition. You can use Surrogate key Generator stage to create a runtime number. It is consistent across the partition.

Also you can control the commit level in DB2 stage.

Regards
Amitava