Result of a division

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Peytot
Participant

Result of a division

Post by Peytot »

Hi everybody,

In my transform, I try to divise 2 fields :
A Number 9
B Number 9

My targer is C Decimal 5 scale 2

When I check the result, I never have the number after the comma. It always truncate the value.

For exemple:
A = 27
B = 5

C= 5.00 but the right value is 5.40

How can I revolve that?
If you have the answer I will be very interesting.

Thank for your help

Pey
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What are the data types of A and B?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Peytot
Participant

Post by Peytot »

A and B are Numbers with lenght 9
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is the scale for A and B set to 0? This might (I'm guessing) affect the scale of the result of the division. If so, this could be a bug.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsxnewbie
Participant

Post by dsxnewbie »

Hi All!

I am also experiencing the same problem whenever I perform any form of arithmetic operation on my numeric data :? . I am using the metadata of the table as I have imported into the table definition. I have several columns defined as NUMBER type hence it's defaulted to DECIMAL(38,0) in the OCI stage.

I was able to do a workaround :D with it in the transformer stage using the string arithmetic operation (SDIV, SMUL). This way I was able to get the decimal place values. However, I need to do aggregation and thus my problem began. There is not much I can do about the aggregator stage thus I am now seeking help :cry: on what approach to take.

I would really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Juvin