question regarding datastage runtime and design time process

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

puliram
Participant

question regarding datastage runtime and design time process

Post by puliram »

Hi

When you click on view data in any connector stage or when you click on browse objects in Salesforce connector stage during design time, could you please let me know where does the connector hit.
I checked, and it doesn't hit the engine. Not sure if it hits the services.

I was trying to click on browse objects of Salesforce connector and not able to pop up the objects window.
can you guys help me where does it hit the process

Thanks
Rama
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I would guess it uses the node agent part of the services tier and perhaps yours needs to be restarted. Try it from some other client machines to be sure if the problem lies within your client or on the server.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
puliram
Participant

Post by puliram »

Tried from different client machines and the issue is the same. But just trying to work on node agent of services tier and let me see if that works. Will get back if that is resolved.
Any other comments suggestions are really appreciated.
Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The connection should be via the node agent to the ASB Server, and then to the Connector Access Service.

You could create a logging view on CAS to see what is happening.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.