Error :Resource temporarily unavailable

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

satheesh_color
Participant

Error :Resource temporarily unavailable

Post by satheesh_color »

Hi All,

I am getting the following error as our production jobs (max 20 job) running in parallel.

Error:
DataStage jobs intermittently fail with the following combination of warning and fatal error messages:

Message: APT_CombinedOperatorController(17),1: Adaptive job monitoring feature is disabled; could not create polling thread: Resource temporarily unavailable.
Message: cs}}}(0),1: Failure during execution of operator logic.

Kindly let me know your thoughts on the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Satheesh.R
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My thought: "Resource temporarily unavailable" is fairly clear as a diagnosis.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
daignault
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by daignault »

Check your unix settings for items such as nproc, noproc etc. If the process cannot allocate the resources required to start the process, you could encounter something like this.

Also, based on the IBM link, be aware that Redhat linux changes the location of nfiles and nofiles. We first setup Redhat and changed the file limit settings in the standard location. Then I found a thread concerning nfile settings for hadoop. with the same error as DataStage.

Regards