Getting fastLoad script from Teradata connector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abhilashnair
Participant

Getting fastLoad script from Teradata connector

Post by abhilashnair »

I have a parallel job that loads data from sequential file to Teradata Database using Teradata Connector stage in Bulk/Load mode.

Is there a way to get the SQL query that DataStage generates to load the data in the table?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As a general observation, bulk loaders (for any database) do not use SQL.

Instead, they use a load script particular to the database. So this would be a FastLoad script in the case of Teradata.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vinothkumar
Participant

Post by vinothkumar »

You can, may be if you get a chance to work with Teradata enterprise stages.
abhilashnair
Participant

Post by abhilashnair »

Ok Ray. Is this script stored somewhere or redirected to a log file, where I can find it?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No Teradata at my current site; others will need to answer that question.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
daignault
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by daignault »

The Enterprise stage will present the generated BTEQ script for review. We have an enhancement request with IBM that the connector stage be enhanced to support the same functionality as Enterprise stage.

The issue is the binaries used are different between Connector and Enterprise stage. Enterprise will use BTEQ and TPUMP Connector stages use TPT which is a combined operator. Teradata left certain functionality out of TPT.

Regards