decimal value in datastage transformer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

nimcurry
Participant

decimal value in datastage transformer

Post by nimcurry »

I have a column of decimal (5,5). I want to put default value as "+000.00000". I tried with several options such in meta data such as setting precision=5 or using the option "Packed to no(separate)", setting sign position=leading, but all I am getting value as "+000000". How can I correct this?
FranklinE
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by FranklinE »

From your description, your column has the wrong length setting. The attributes are total length,decimal length. In your post, you have a 5-position number with five positions to the right of the decimal.
Franklin Evans
"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy increased. Thus do we refute entropy." -- Spider Robinson

Using mainframe data FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=143596 Using CFF FAQ: viewtopic.php?t=157872
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yup, it would need to be decimal(8,5) to get the output you are looking for.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
nimcurry
Participant

Post by nimcurry »

Thanks it worked. However in order to get a "+" if I use the option packed=no(separate) and sign position=leading I get the value as "+00000000". is there anyway I can get the whole "+000.00000) within decimal?