Unstructured Data Stage excel sheet

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aravindunni31
Participant

Unstructured Data Stage excel sheet

Post by aravindunni31 »

When i write to excel sheet using Unstructured Data Stage , i am getting below error.

Unstructured_Data_3,0: com.ascential.e2.common.CC_Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Permission denied

Can you please help
Regards,
Aravind V A
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The error message suggests that the user that actually executes the DataStage job lacks write permission to the Excel workbook. Check your Engine credentials.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
aravindunni31
Participant

Post by aravindunni31 »

I could see a zero kB file getting created. and i am able to create the same file as csv using sequential file stage.
Regards,
Aravind V A
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Then the umask setting for the credentialled user may be incorrect; your job may have been able to create the file but not to write to the newly-created file. Check the permissions on the newly-created file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.