Data not loading to ODBC connector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nagasudheerkumar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Data not loading to ODBC connector

Post by Nagasudheerkumar »

Hi All,

When i am trying to load from Staging Database to Work Database the below error is coming.

Odbc Connector--->Tranformer Stage--->Odbc Connector

It's a plain one to one mapping, it consists of 6 char columns and 4 date columns.

Error:
ODBC function "SQLExecute" reported: SQLSTATE = 22001: Native Error Code = -302: Msg = [IBM(DataDirect OEM)][ODBC DB2 Wire Protocol driver][UDB DB2 for Windows, UNIX, and Linux]Character data, right truncation occurred

Please let me know whether i am missing anything?

Regards,
Sudheer
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds like your staging data doesn't all fit in the work table. Are you certain you have all of your metadata correct and it should in fact fit without truncation? For example, a CHAR(6) to a CHAR(4) would cause that.

If all that is good you may have a codeset issue.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Nagasudheerkumar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Thanks for the quick reply Craig.
There is no change in the metadata between Staging and Work tables..
Can i know what is Codeset issue?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Meaning perhaps the codeset / characterset used in each database is different. As in one might be multibyte and one may not be... you should be able to check with your DBA.
-craig

Nagasudheerkumar
Premium Member
Premium Member

We are the one who created tables for our project so I couldn't able to find out any differences in the datatype so I tried executing with ODBC Enterprise Stage and it worked well. The problem is why ODBC Connector is not able to run and load whereas Enterprise can?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That sounds like a support question to me. Also, I wasn't asking about the creation of the tables but rather the databases, since it seemed like you were talking about two different ones... or are 'staging' and 'work' in fact in the same database?
-craig

kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I agree with Craig. I think it is a NLS issue. The default character sets are different for the 2 stages.
Mamu Kim