Reject Link to ODBC Connector Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Aquilis
Participant

Reject Link to ODBC Connector Stage

Post by Aquilis »

Hi,

Is there anyway that Data Columns apart from ERRORCODE and ERRORDESC from reject link in ODBC Connector Stage can be controlled from propagating to next stages?

I am asking this query because there are couple DataStage Jobs which are running in Production environment but stopped working in System Test & Development environments. If I take production code backup and execute them as it is in system/development environments, those are working fine, unless compiled.
Compilation error is Occurring on Reject link, If compile the backed up code before running. That's because all the columns from reject link are showing in RED colour in transformer stage before getting written to Sequential file stage. It means, rejected columns from ODBC Connector stage are not getting propagated for next level operation.

Am not very sure, what has changed in the environments in last 2 years. Since all jobs were working fine in production from last couple of years.
I afraid, If we compile the production jobs once, then those any also start failing.

Can anyone faced this sort of issue or any ideas to look into, kindly suggest.
Aquilis
ShaneMuir
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ShaneMuir »

That's because all the columns from reject link are showing in RED colour in transformer stage before getting written to Sequential file stage
So if I understand you have a reject link from ODBC stage, going to a transformer? And the output columns on the transformer are "red".

Generally "red" on the columns signifies an incorrect output derivation.

Also a reject link should output also output whichever columns were input to the ODBC stage
Aquilis
Participant

Post by Aquilis »

Fix Pack 1 is required for this issues.

Installed Fix pack 1 and all jobs are compiling OK.

I was using a datastage client which didn't had FixPack 1, or anyof the fix packs installed.
Aquilis