Datastage and Reference Data Manager (RDM)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

anu123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage and Reference Data Manager (RDM)

Post by anu123 »

I have tried to search for it but could not find any posts on how to integrate IBM Reference Data Manager with DataStage!.

We have all the reference data sitting on IBM Ref DM hub and need to look up those code table in DataStage Jobs.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks
Thank you,
Anu
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Datastage and Reference Data Manager (RDM)

Post by vivekgadwal »

Hello, were you able to figure this out? Based on what I read, there is no direct link/integration between DataStage and RDM. It would be great if you or anyone in this forum can give me some guidance into how the RDM data was loaded and unloaded using DataStage.

Thanks.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

I do not have access to the IBM RDM tool, but I saw a demo of it at the IBM Insight October 2014 conference, and there was a DataStage accelerator function in the demo. If you cannot locate it, then contact IBM and ask about it.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

My current client has created database views that we use to read RDM data using a database connector stage in our DataStage jobs.

As far as maintaining RDM data, that is all done within the RDM tooling.

Mike
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your response. Is there a data model published for the RDM tables? We are planning on that option, but at this time, the tool is being installed and we do not have direct access to the tables. If there is a model, please do share it with me so that I can understand the relationships and can form the connections. :)
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted