DataStage job getting completed but showing running in Dsgnr

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

udayk_2007
Participant

DataStage job getting completed but showing running in Dsgnr

Post by udayk_2007 »

Hello Friends

I am facing a strange kind of issue.

The jobs are showing running (links turn Blue) in the designer. When i am stopping it, it shows completed (link turn Green)

This is not happening in all jobs, but in few jobs it is happening so

Any idea what is the issue and how can i resolve it

Thanks for your help

Regards
Ulhas
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi,
can you please explain more to help others.Which version of datastage you are using.Once your job finished,where can you see it still running.What happens when you retrigger the same job again.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Maybe it's just a timing issue. Even though you issue a stop request the job finishes before it gets a chance to process your stop request.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
udayk_2007
Participant

Post by udayk_2007 »

Prasoon - DataStage version is 8.5. The job is showing running in Designer and director. When i am restarting it, same thing happens

Ray - Actually the job is getting completed, but it is not getting reflected in designer and director until i stop it. This is happening in more than 1 jobs and happened 5-6 times..timing issue may happen once.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

What is your definition of a "completed" job if director does not indicate that it is complete?

Do you see the last statement in the director log?

Do you have an after job routine that is still running?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is your OshMonitor process running?

I assume so, because you say this behaviour manifests in some jobs but not all. What's different about these jobs?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.