Adding rules in Message Handler issue...

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kaps
Participant

Adding rules in Message Handler issue...

Post by kaps »

I am having trouble adding rules to message handler. I am getting lot of warnings like "Dropping Fields....because of prior component..." from the funnel stage due to the fact that RCP is turned on in the job. Same warnings are thrown for different fields. I thought if we add one rule for a Message ID say IIS-DSEE-TFIP-00106 then it applies for all columns but it does not seem to work that way and actually even for the fields added the error comes when the job ran again. Am I missing something here?

It would be freat if there is a way to suppress the warning which comes out of Funnel stage without turning RCP off ?

Regards
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

As you had assumed, if you add a rule for one error message ID then all occurrences of that error are affected. The rule takes effect upon the next run.

Did you add a job message handler or a project level one? If you move job from one category to another then the job message handler is lost.
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

It's just on the job level and I have not moved the job anywhere either. Is there a reference I can see to make sure that I am following all the steps.

Thanks
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

Is there any other way to combine records from two streams instead of using Funnel stage inside the Parallel Shared Container as it throws these warnings and I suspect it also drops those columns ?

Appreciate any input...
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

Do you have the option of turning off RCP for the funnel stage? If you don't want these columns on the other side, why have RCP set?

As for the warning messages, are you sure you added the message handler to the job?
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

RCP need to be on and I need those columns on the otherside but I believe the reason for the warnings are the multiple paths in the job and was combining them to Parallel shared container output stage.

As a workaround, I changed the shared container to a Job and writing to a file and using that as a lookup in another job...