Find Message Handlers defined

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

devnhi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Find Message Handlers defined

Post by devnhi »

Hi All

We have some jobs defined with some message handlers to handle the warnings at the job level. Is there any way to scan through the jobs and figure out if they have message handler defined for them? Is that possible ?

I would really appreciate all your time and inputs regarding.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

One way is to look at the job logs. If there is a message handler (or more than one) defined, then there will be an entry soon after the "job starting" event. If any message handler is invoked there is another log entry near the end of the job run summarising which message handlers were invoked.

Via the operating system is not as conclusive - you can find the message handler file for local message handlers associated with the job, but there are also global (named) message handlers. For these there's no convenient mechanism to determine to which jobs they're attached.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

you can easily look into the DS Administrator for project level handlers
pandeeswaran
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

pandeesh wrote:you can easily look into the DS Administrator for project level handlers
True, but which of them is associated with which job (if any)?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

yes Ray!..I agree that we need to look into job logs in order to associate the handler with JOb
pandeeswaran
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Project Level message handlers are applicable to all jobs unless it is overridden by local ones, from what I can recall. So if you are able to find the local ones then you can just invert the selection to find the project level message handlers are associated with which all jobs. IMO.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Actually it's THE project level default message handler - there can only be one of these. But there can be other named message handlers extant that are attached to zero or more jobs.