Rejects from DB2 Connector

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsrules
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rejects from DB2 Connector

Post by dsrules »

I am trying to capture the records rejected while loading a db2 table due to a unique key violation error .
The DB2 Connector stage is rejecting the records when array size and record size are set to 1, but the rejected records only has error_code and error_text , it doesn't show the rejected record data .
As suggested in some posts I tried to write the rejects to a dataset also , but it also has only the error codes .
Is there any option to see the rejected records data without enabling the RCP (runtime column propagation ) .
Datastage version is 8.5

Thanks
Arif
Premium Member

Re: Rejects from DB2 Connector

Post by ccatania »

Try to put your reject link through a transform stage, you can use this stage later if you need to abort your process if you have any rejected records. Add a Peek stage to the tranform stage make sure that all the columns appears in the input of the peek stage. You may have this already but check that you have the reject option set to 'yes'.

Thanks
Arif
dsrules
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Rejects from DB2 Connector

Post by dsrules »

There is no reject option in DB2 connector , you have to select the reject link and in the column definition all it shows are the error codes no input column , so the rejected records only have the error code but not the rejected data .

Putting the reject link through transform doesnt make any difference , the rejected records still doesnt show the data that was rejected .

Thanks
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

RCP works, why not use it?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
dsrules
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsrules »

RCP is disables in our environment , I was checking if there was any other workaround .

Thanks