Error while using orchadmin utility

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

adasgupta123
Participant

Error while using orchadmin utility

Post by adasgupta123 »

Hi ,

I am trying to read a dataset from command line using orchadmin utility.
I am able to successfully execute the "describe" command .But whenver I am using the orchadmin utility to dump the content of the dataset I getting error.
This is the command I am executing :

orchadmin dump /u/InfoServ/PROJECT_PLUS/QA_GRS_R2_SIT_V1/datasets/USWMT_DC_FW_RWBFST.ds

Following is the error message I am getting :

##I IIS-DSEE-TFSC-00001 07:27:15(004) <main_program> APT configuration file: /u/InfoServ/PROJECT_PLUS/INSTALLTEST/grid_job_dir/IIS/IIS.1028_0727_5245.config.apt
##F IIS-DSEE-TFSU-00070 07:27:15(005) <main_program> Fatal Error: Could not get local access to input dataset /u/InfoServ/PROJECT_PLUS/QA_GRS_R2_SIT_V1/datasets/USWMT_DC_FW_RWBFST.ds.
Have any of the nodes that /u/InfoServ/PROJECT_PLUS/QA_GRS_R2_SIT_V1/datasets/USWMT_DC_FW_RWBFST.ds lives on been removed
from the configuration file since /u/InfoServ/PROJECT_PLUS/QA_GRS_R2_SIT_V1/datasets/USWMT_DC_FW_RWBFST.ds was created?

Can any of you help in this regard?

Thanks

Avik Dasgupta
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Error while using orchadmin utility

Post by chulett »

adasgupta123 wrote:Have any of the nodes that /u/InfoServ/PROJECT_PLUS/QA_GRS_R2_SIT_V1/datasets/USWMT_DC_FW_RWBFST.ds lives on been removed
from the configuration file since /u/InfoServ/PROJECT_PLUS/QA_GRS_R2_SIT_V1/datasets/USWMT_DC_FW_RWBFST.ds was created?
Have they?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Make sure that the value of APT_CONFIG_FILE currently active when executing the orchadmin command is the same as that in use when the Data Set was written.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

A) Please contact your local DataStage Administration team as they are highly skilled individuals and exceedingly good looking too.

B) You'll notice that your project plus dir is GRS, and the orchadmin command ran with an INSTALLTEST path apt.

The command shell that you opened up in QA is pointing to a different APT file for some reason.

from the command line you need to source your DSENV. (cat /.dshome for path, then source dsenv from it)

You also need to set your APT_CONFIG_FILE variable to set your apt file for your project. Go look in your /u/InfoServ/IS_PROJECT/PROJECTS/QA_GRS_R2_SIT_V1 path for all of the APT files. Since your executing the command via command line, you'll want to use a non GRID APT file. If you can't identify it, ask your admins.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

PaulVL wrote:A) Please contact your local DataStage Administration team as they are highly skilled individuals and exceedingly good looking too.
You mean the red headed kid?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

A) Please contact your local DataStage Administration team as they are highly skilled individuals and exceedingly good looking too.
He just acts red-headed sometimes :)
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
adasgupta123
Participant

Post by adasgupta123 »

Hi ,

I set the value of APT_CONFIG_FILE variable to apt file for the project.
I also sourced the dsenv file.I followed the same process while working in Datastage 8.1 environment and that worked perfectly there.I am facing the problem in the 8.5 environment only which is newly set up.Is there any possibility of any access issue related to Unix user I am using?

Thanks

Avik Dasgupta
adasgupta123
Participant

Post by adasgupta123 »

In addition to that :

When I ran the same command as dsadm user ,it worked perfectly
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

Permissions issues are certainly a possibility. If your userid can't see or read the dataset storage than you will not be able to successfully read the dataset. As the 8.5 environment is still pretty new there, it's possible that there are still some items to work out as far as access/permissions are concerned. As Paul has suggested, work with your IS/DS Administrators. I won't comment on the good-looking part, but they are quite smart, if overworked.

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
mhester
Participant

Post by mhester »

adasgupta123 wrote:Hi ,

I set the value of APT_CONFIG_FILE variable to apt file for the project.
I also sourced the dsenv file.I followed the same process while working in Datastage 8.1 environment and that worked perfectly there.I am facing the problem in the 8.5 environment only which is newly set up.Is there any possibility of any access issue related to Unix user I am using?

Thanks

Avik Dasgupta
This is not a permissions issue.

Also ensure that the following has been exported into the environment -

export LOADL_PROCESSOR_LIST=true

This may not be set in the QA environment like it was in the 8.1 environment.

It will always work using dsadm since this is the user present on the compute nodes.