error while running Webservices transformer stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kogads
Premium Member
Premium Member

error while running Webservices transformer stage

Post by kogads »

Can anyone please explain why i am getting the below error while i am running a job with two sequential staes and a webservices trf stage in between.

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Fatal Error: Fatal: 0026`:`com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.ServiceInvocationException: Service invocation exception: <ns1:Fault xmlns:ns1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelop ... pException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at PSAddressWS.AddressLookup.CheckKey(String licenseKey, String misc) in D: s\PAV\Version2\PSAddressWS\AddressLookup.asmx.cs:line 156
at PSAddressWS.AddressLookup.ReturnCityState(String zipcode, String LicenseKey) in D: s\PAV\Version2\PSAddressWS\AddressLookup.asmx.cs:line 1439
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---</faultstring><detail/></ns1:Fault>
at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.OperationCall.handleRemoteException(OperationCall.java:369)
at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.OperationCall.invoke(OperationCall.java:274)
at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.WebService.callServiceInternal(WebService.java:1685)
at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.WebService.callService(WebService.java:1591)
at com.ascentialsoftware.wsclient.WebService.callService(WebService.java:1544)
at com.ascentialsoftware.wspack.Transformer.process(Transformer.java:105)
at com.ascentialsoftware.jds.StageFactory.runStage(StageFactory.java:544)
at com.ascentialsoftware.jds.StageFactory.runTransformer(StageFactory.java:361)
dongyingying
Participant

Re: error while running Webservices transformer stage

Post by dongyingying »

Hi ,

Did you resolve the issues ? today I got the question too .
Dong Ying Ying Come on.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:!: Unless you got the exact same error calling the exact same web service, I'd suggest you start your own post and give us the gory details of your error.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search DSXchange for posts about problems that can occur with namespace identifiers. I suspect that this will help you resolve your issue.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.