error while using odbc stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Hema.k
Participant

error while using odbc stage

Post by Hema.k »

Hi All,

My requirement is to etract data from oracle database.
I'm able to view the data from my source(oracle) using oracle stage.
but when i use ODBC stage am not able to view the data.. its throwing the below error message

##F IIS-DSEE-TDOD-00004 07:22:51(000) <main_program> Fatal Error: Could not connect to datasource?? (-1; bi_etl; EUPCRM; [IBM(DataDirect OEM)][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver][Oracle]TNS-12505: TNS:listener could not resolve SID given in connect descriptor)

Could you please suggest me to resolve this.

Regards,
Hema K
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Does the below files contains the entry for your odbc source?

(1) .odbc.ini
(2) uvodbc.config

If not, make sure to update these two before using ODBC stage.
Arvind
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It appears that the entry in tnsnames.ora for this database does not have a resolvable SID.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Make sure the information for the .odbc.ini file entry matches what is in the tnsnames.ora file from the oracle client on your server: HostName (or IP), PortNumber, SID. It sounds like there is a mismatch. Or just use the Oracle stage instead since you can already view data using it.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius