error while viewing data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dbdecoy
Premium Member
Premium Member

error while viewing data

Post by dbdecoy »

Hi,

I got Datastage 8 installed on my laptop using a virtual machine. The OS is windows 2003. I developed a simple parallel job to read data from afile and loading into another file. But I get the following error when i try to view data at the source file

##E IIS-DSEE-TFOR-00089 23:28:46(000) <_ABORT_IDENT_,0> The runLocally() of the operator failed.
##E IIS-DSEE-TFOR-00089 23:28:46(002) <APT_CombinedOperatorController,0> The runLocally() of the operator failed.
##E IIS-DSEE-TFPM-00040 23:28:46(003) <APT_CombinedOperatorController,0> Operator terminated abnormally: runLocally did not return APT_StatusOk
##E IIS-DSEE-TFSC-00011 23:28:52(000) <main_program> Step execution finished with status = FAILED.

Please help? Thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Disable operator combination to determine where the error actually is, then we may be able to assist.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dbdecoy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dbdecoy »

I am quite new to Datastage 8. Can you explain in detail how to disable the operator combination?

Thanks,
Star
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Add environment variable APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to the job as a job parameter and set it to False.

Operator combination can be disabled in any parallel stage, but the approach described above is the quickest for your purposes, and more easily reversed subsequently.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
XRAY
Participant

Post by XRAY »

Or you may go into the file stage, click Stage -> Advanced -> Combinability mode => set to "Don't Combine"