For invalid xml the job is getting aborted by showing SIGILL

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

narahari7
Participant

For invalid xml the job is getting aborted by showing SIGILL

Post by narahari7 »

I have given an invalid xml input to XML input stage , then the job is getting aborted showing the following error "Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGILL".

I have checked the "Validate input xml" and gave a reject link also but the job is not able to capture the error into the reject link.

Can anyone help me in this.
narahari7
Participant

Re: For invalid xml the job is getting aborted by showing SI

Post by narahari7 »

narahari7 wrote:I have given an invalid xml input to XML input stage , then the job is getting aborted showing the following error "Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGILL".

I have checked the "Validate input xml" and gave a reject link also but the job is not able to capture the error into the reject link.

Can anyone help me in this.

Can anyone help me on this.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

An invalid xml cannot be defined 'explicitly'.
It can be a
1.0KB file
2.incomplete xml file
3.xml file with inapproriate start or end tags

Hence its better to continue the sequencer on 'abort' and have some other db check (number of records loaded) to stop the job further.

Regards
Sreeni
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

In addition to Sreeni's thoughts, what is making your document invalid? Is it not even well formed, or is it just subtly invalid? If it is subtly invalid, uncheck the validation option --- the job should run perfectly.

You should probably do both --- check for absolute failures in a sequence or other such manner, and if you need xsd validation, perform that inside the stage for datatype mismatches, errors in enumeration, "extra" elements, etc.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
narahari7
Participant

Post by narahari7 »

Thanks Sreeni and Ernie

But I have given an invalid xml by removing one end tag so that i want it to capture into reject link. Actually i want error message to be captured so checked the validate xml option. But the job is getting aborted. Can anyone suggest wat would the problem.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Your issue is "not well formed" as opposed to "invalid". Not sure if the Stage can do that one without aborting the job, since it is a more serious failure. Been a long time since I've tried one, but I'll see if I can dig up some old validation tests.......you may have to use a sequencer based solution for this type of bad document.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

well, well....surprise, surprise.......I dug up an old job that tests this..... and in 8.5, in a Server Job, "not well formed" xml went down the reject link just fine! :)

I did not check validation, and had "REJECT" for all three of the options on the xmlInput Stage.

The content and the error message (...document could not be opened...) went down the link.

There are many variables here... (release, platform, job type, etc.)....your mileage may vary.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
narahari7
Participant

Post by narahari7 »

Thanks Ernie..

In my project we have two servers. In one server iam able to capture it into the reject link in one server. I got a warning message " XML input document parsing failed. Reason: Xalan fatal error" and same message I am able to capture into the reject link.

Now when I tried the same job in the other server the job was throwing the error "Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGILL" and getting aborted.

When I checked the default parameters in both the servers I found that the server in which the job is getting aborted, one default parameter "APT_DISABLE_TRACKER_STARTUP" was not present but this was there and set as "TRUE" in other server.
Could this parameter would make a difference.
Or else anything could anyone suggest...........
narahari7
Participant

Post by narahari7 »

Could anyone help me in this....
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Interesting discovery...what happens when you set the value the same in both servers?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

narahari7 wrote:Could anyone help me in this....
Have some patience. You waited a grand total of 4 hours at a time where people in the States like Ernie are either sleeping or just starting their day. Regardless, the people who volunteer their time here will help whenever and however they can and pushing is counterproductive.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
narahari7
Participant

Post by narahari7 »

chulett wrote:
narahari7 wrote:Could anyone help me in this....
Have some patience. You waited a grand total of 4 hours at a time where people in the States like Ernie are either sleeping or just starting their day. Regardless, the people who volunteer their time here will help whenever and however they can and pushing is counterproductive.
@chulett. Iam sorry for asking again and again but this problem I am not able to get solution almost from long time. so I felt like someone here can help me out.
eostic wrote: Interesting discovery...what happens when you set the value the same in both servers?
@Ernie I dont know. I was just asking will that make a difference. When I compared the default parameters I found this as the difference. If this is not a problem will it be because of some server change problem.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I have absolutely no idea. Would have to turn to someone who knows what that APT variable does.

Do things like try a Server Job and see what happens. Uncheck validation (you don't need xsd validation for this) and see what happens.

What are you sending to the stage? --- a URL pointing to XML, or the xml content itself? Try one vs the other.

What are you sending down the reject link? You can choose the column..........if you are sending content, try something else.

You need to tweak it and see where it might be failing....the Server Job is a good choice as sometimes it will give you more meaningful errors.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
narahari7
Participant

Post by narahari7 »

I did all the options which u have mentioned above but still in one server it is getting aborted.

I am sending the content itself to the xml input stage.

And also i tried doing this in server job, in one server it diplayed as warning message and job was succesfull and in other server it displayed as abort message and the job got aborted. The message was common "ser_job..XML_Input_3: XML input document parsing failed. Reason: Xalan fatal error (publicId: , systemId: , line: 0, column: 0): An exception occurred! Type:RuntimeException, Message:The primary document entity could not be opened. Id="

Any one knows about this type of behaviour in different servers.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

You've changed subjects. Up above you noted that you have truly "not" well formed XML --- now you are mentioning an error that occurs on some DS Servers and some not?

This seemed to be a design discussion, not a debugging one. Now I'm confused.

I thought we were talking about xml where you have manually removed the final end tag and want to have it rejected for being poorly formed.

The Job aborts instead of rejects. The solution is to handle aborts in your sequence. If it's not this xml, it could be something else -- it could be a bizzarre character...it could be ANYTHING --- your code should handle aborts regardless. Then, on the xml, "in theory", you should be able to capture it, but as I said, there could be many dependencies.

If, in fact, it behaves the way you want on one server and not another, then you need to do more digging as to what is different among those servers.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!