how to know which sub-job got failed from main sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

naynesh parmar
Participant

how to know which sub-job got failed from main sequencer

Post by naynesh parmar »

Hi All,

I want to know which sub-job got failed from the main sequencer, so that failed job name should passed in the email description from Sequencer itself.

Scenario is like this, my main sequencer is having 3 sub-jobs, if all run successfully then Sequencer send one email to client regarding job success status... but if anyone of those 3 jobs got failed, then need to send mail to client, indicating which job failed.

Rest of the job design has finished, just want to add the failed sub-job's name.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thank you in Advance.
manoj_23sakthi
Participant

Re: how to know which sub-job got failed from main sequencer

Post by manoj_23sakthi »

hi
you can boss include wat you hve to send to claint subject ;
Regards,
Manoj
naynesh parmar
Participant

Re: how to know which sub-job got failed from main sequencer

Post by naynesh parmar »

I was looking for some parameters/macros/routines by which I can achieve about task without adding more stages. Finally I got the solution... I have added "User Variable Activity" Stage and there created a variable which can tell me which was the active job at the time of main Sequence job failed.

Syntax was something like that : If DSJ.JOBNAME = 1 Then Job1.$JobName Else Job2.$JobName

Anyways, Thanks Major for reply.. :)
css.raghu
Participant

Post by css.raghu »

Thanks it is working :D