Copy Datasets from old Project to New Porject

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kkumardatastage
Participant

Copy Datasets from old Project to New Porject

Post by kkumardatastage »

Hi

How do i copy a DataSets from old Project to New Porject they are on differen servers.

Please could any one help me in this

Thanks
k
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not easy. Much easier to use DataStage jobs to dump the Data Set contents into a file on one server and load the Data Set from this file on the other server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
agpt
Participant

Post by agpt »

Ray,

It's not easy or not possible at all? As I know we can't copy datasets from one to other as it's saved in internal format which is very much server specific. Only thing possible is the solution you suggested.

Is there any way at all to copy them?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Copy is always within the one server. To move the structures to another server the pathnames of every segment file, and the name of the descriptor file (which is part of the segment file name), would need to be identical to those used on the source server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.