MQ Message splitup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

senthil_tcs
Premium Member
Premium Member

MQ Message splitup

Post by senthil_tcs »

Hi,

Appreciate any help on this!

When I use a multi node configuration file in DataStage the message in MQ is getting spilited into multiple chunks depends on the no of nodes given in the config file. Is there an option wherein the message will be loaded as one single file though we use multi node configuration file.

I am able to load all the records as one single message if I use a single node configuration file.

Thanks,
Senthil Kumar
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Are you doing a destructive read? ...or are you browsing? ("keep" option)? Unlikely that it is splitting up messages, but it most certainly every node will browse the same message......
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You can declare your MQ stage to run sequentially, that way the APT_CONFIG_FILE setting doesn't apply. Downstream you can then repartation to your heart's content.
senthil_tcs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by senthil_tcs »

Thanks, I had a similar thought but I didn't the execution option (Advanced tab) where we change the mode Sequential/Parallel in MQ connector. Even I have tried changing the execution mode to Sequential in transformer as we have a transformed stage before MQ connector but no luck.

Can you please help me to locate option where we can change the execution to sequential?
ArndW wrote:You can declare your MQ stage to run sequentially, that way the APT_CONFIG_FILE setting doesn't apply. Downstream you can then repartation to your heart's content. ...
senthil_tcs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by senthil_tcs »

Thanks, I had a similar thought but I didn't the execution option (Advanced tab) where we change the mode Sequential/Parallel in MQ connector. Even I have tried changing the execution mode to Sequential in transformer as we have a transformed stage before MQ connector but no luck.

Can you please help me to locate option where we can change the execution to sequential?
ArndW wrote:You can declare your MQ stage to run sequentially, that way the APT_CONFIG_FILE setting doesn't apply. Downstream you can then repartation to your heart's content. ...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

In the upper left hand picture, click on the stage and not the link, then you can choose sequential execution mode.
senthil_tcs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by senthil_tcs »

Excellent, thanks the content is loaded as a single message.