Cannot Determine the type Error in DS EE 7.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Cannot Determine the type Error in DS EE 7.5

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi DSxians,

I am getting a strange error in my DS Parallel job, I am trying to run a job in which DB2EE is the source stage...my log is showing DB2STAGE:Cannot Determine the type. Can anybody have idea about this error? I have tried to search here...I didn't find any post...When I have tried to execute the Query in DB2EE stage seperately in AQT ...it is executing perfectly fine....excepet one warning saying that Null values are converted in the Column Function...I don't know, whether it has to do anything with the error...Cannot Determine the type
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

How about getting rid of the warning to see if that might be triggering your problem? What data types do you have in your query (i.e., anything out of the ordinary char,varchar,number types)?
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

ArndW wrote:How about getting rid of the warning to see if that might be triggering your problem? What data types do you have in your query (i.e., anything out of the ordinary char,varchar,number types)?
Hi Arnd,

Thanks for the reply.

Warning is : SQLSTATE 01003: Null values were eliminated from the argument of a column function. (This is in AQT not in job)
I am using all normal datatypes only.
NageshSunkoji

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Perhaps the problem is arising when DataStage is querying the data source to determine the data type - the executing user lacks SELECT privilege on the system table in which column information is stored? Just an idea.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

ray.wurlod wrote:Perhaps the problem is arising when DataStage is querying the data source to determine the data type - the executing user lacks SELECT privilege on the system table in which column information is stor ...
Hi Ray,

Thanks for the reply.

But, I am able to execute the other jobs which have the simialr type of queries. Only for this table I am getting this issue. This query ran fine in one environment and not working in another environment.
NageshSunkoji

ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Does the query create columns through expressions? If not too complex or involved, perhaps you could post the query there.