Invalid character(s) ([xC0]) found converting string issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dineshrk
Participant

Invalid character(s) ([xC0]) found converting string issue

Post by dineshrk »

Hi,

I am getting the below warning while extracting data from sql db, for this i had enabled RCP. Please let me know whether it is related to data issue or i have to change any setting in my job.
Please find the below warning for reference.

Warning:
main_program: Invalid character(s) ([xC0]) found converting string (code point(s): NAMECONFIDENCESCORE[x00][x00][x00][x00][x00][x00][x00][x00][x00][x00][x00][x00][x00][xC0][xEB][xE4][x09][x09][x00]) from codepage UTF-8 to Unicode, substituting.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is this a binary (numeric) field that you're trying to read as a character string?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dineshrk
Participant

Post by dineshrk »

Actually it is of string datatye.

NAMECONFIDENCESCORE: nullable string[3,padchar=' '];

ray.wurlod wrote:Is this a binary (numeric) field that you're trying to read as a character string? ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What about in the source?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dineshrk
Participant

Post by dineshrk »

Sorce is also is of string type
ray.wurlod wrote:What about in the source? ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you use another utility to display what's actually in the source in this particular field? If so, please post the result of that exercise.