SIGBUS Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kkumardatastage
Participant

SIGBUS Error

Post by kkumardatastage »

Hi

we are using a datastage job that loads the data into a table,
when we load the data into old database we dont have any issue with loading the data into a table,
but right now while we are trying to load the same data into new database we are getting the SIGBUS error.
i Tested to load a sample data with 7 rows by creating a new table in new database to check the connectivet,
the connectivet is good and the table is created and data is loaded into that table.

Please can any one help me in this issue. Its very Urgent.
abhijain
Participant

Post by abhijain »

Not able to get much from your query.

Old database/New Database ...which database? Can you also paste your error message.

Not sure whether this will help you-
viewtopic.php?t=105535&highlight=SIGBUS
Rgrds,
Abhi
kkumardatastage
Participant

Hi

we are using a datastage job that loads the data into a table using OLD Oracle database,
when we load the data into old Oracle database we dont have any issue with crating & loading the data into a table,

but right now while we are trying to load the same job with same data pointing to New Oracle Database we are getting the SIGBUS error. Following is the error.

Ora_Stage,0: Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGBUS

i Tested to load a sample data with 7 rows by creating a new table in new Oracle database to check the connectivity using a datastage job.
the connection is good and the table is created and data is loaded into that table.

Please can any one help me in this issue.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What is "new" about this New Oracle Database? Is it a different version from the OLD Oracle Database? One 9i and one 10g for example?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: SIGBUS Error

Post by ray.wurlod »

kkumardatastage wrote:Its very Urgent.
We don't do "urgent". DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose members post when, as and if they can. If you need "urgent" sign up with your official support provider for priority service, and learn just how expensive "urgent" is.

You posted this at 2am my time. NOTHING is urgent at 2am.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kkumardatastage
Participant

Hi

Thanks for your reply, the New Oracle Database version is 10g and the Old Oracle Database is 9i. Please help me to fix this problem.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does your PATH environment variable when the job runs include the parent directory of the sqlldr command?

Does the executing user ID have write permissions to whatever directory you specified for the control and data files, and to the scratchdisk (where the log and bad files are written by default)?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please delete your duplicate post before anyone responds to it.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In your shoes, I would check with your official support provider to see if this is a known issue with 11g.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kkumardatastage
Participant

We got solution for SIGBUS issue. we need to have oracle EE patch, this makes SIGBUS issue solved.

Solution installing the Oracle EE patch:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21395472

Thanks
k