Unable to delete a job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wgdsd
Participant

Unable to delete a job

Post by wgdsd »

There are 2 jobs which I want to delete from the repository but I am unable to do so. I believe that something didn't go well while these jobs were created. When trying to delete them it says Unable to 'Delete the item(s). Delete object for job_name failed'.
As one of the scheduled maintenance activity, we restarted the server too. But this jobs are not getting deleted. Any suggestions to fix it.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you can get exclusive access to the project, open the Administrator client command window (or a telnet session and dssh in the project) and execute the command DS.CHECKER. This will clean up any orphaned entries caused by incomplete deletion.

If the jobs still appear to be present, execute DS.REINDEX ALL command - it may be that the job names are in the indexes in the Repository even though the jobs have actually been deleted.

After having done both those things, the job should not be visible in Designer. It may still be visible in Director, which means that you will have more work to do to clean up that job's entries from XMETA (the unified metadata database). There are scripts provided for these tasks.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.