vertical pivot

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

basu.ds
Participant

vertical pivot

Post by basu.ds »

Hi

I knew vertical pivot is going to include with IS 8.1 ver but i am working on 8.1 i did not see any option for vertical pivot,could any one suggest me wether vertical pivot included in this release or not

Thanks

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

From what source did you "know" that vertical pivot would be in version 8.1 ?

Because it isn't, and was never planned to be.

It is planned for "a future release" (maybe even the next one), but every roadmap presentation from IBM includes a caveat that plans are not promises.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
basu.ds
Participant

Post by basu.ds »

Thanks a lot ray , i have attended corporate training for ISv8.0 in IBM that time fecilitator told me that
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

He/she was wrong.

The correct form of words for the facilitator in these situations is "a future release" or even "a near future release".

If you had a recording of this statement, you could successfully sue IBM for breach of promise. That's why the caveats and correct form of words exist.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.