Data Set stage; view data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Gaurav.Dave
Premium Member
Premium Member

Data Set stage; view data

Post by Gaurav.Dave »

Hi,

We are using DataStage 8.1 on AIX platform. In our Parallel job design we are using Data Set stage to store intermediate data. It has about 100000 rows o entries.

Wondering, is there any simple way to view data which r stored inside Data Set for debuging?...DataSet stage data viewer is not that great option when we r dealing with huge set of records.

Any guidance?

Thanks.
algfr
Participant

Post by algfr »

Hi,

Other than the file viewer there is not much you can use.

Still, if you want to see the records in the log entries, you can use a peek stage.

If you are looking for a specific record, you can use the find function in the file viewer.

Or you can create a test table out of the file

But what I would do is simply... download the file using a FTP server like Filezilla. Then you can view it with Textpad !
Gaurav.Dave
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Gaurav.Dave »

Thank you for your response.

Yeah...I was looking for something else other than creating table to view Data Set stage data. In Data Set stage data viewer, its allowing us to see only few thousands records...

algfr wrote:Hi,

Other than the file viewer there is not much you can use.

Still, if you want to see the records in the log entries, you can use a peek stage.

If you are looking for a specific record, you can use the find function in the file viewer.

Or you can create a test table out of the file

But what I would do is simply... download the file using a FTP server like Filezilla. Then you can view it with Textpad !
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

You can use orchadmin on datasets
meet_deb85
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by meet_deb85 »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:You can use orchadmin on datasets
hello....currently my server version is 7.5.3,here oracadmin command is not working.....can you please suggest....how it will work..??
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First, it is "orchadmin" and secondly you've have to give us some idea what "not working" means before anyone could help you without just guessing what might be wrong.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers