Invalid character(s) ([xA9]) codpage warning in DS 8.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pradeepphulari
Participant

Invalid character(s) ([xA9]) codpage warning in DS 8.1

Post by pradeepphulari »

Hi,

I am reading a sequential file, performing lookup and wrting into a table. In the process I am calling a shared container to do the otherlookups and get values

I am getting this warnning
main_program: Invalid character(s) ([xA9]) found converting string (code point(s): IBM Confidential, OCO Source Materials, [xA9] Copyright IBM Corp. 2006. All Rights R...) from codepage UTF-8 to Unicode, substituting.

Not able to trace what is the problem

The the job was running fine before including the shared container

Can any one plz help

Rgs,
Pradeep
mohan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mohan »

hey pradeep .. did u get fix for your issue ?.. i am also having same
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Any chance there is a Pivot stage involved?

viewtopic.php?t=127535
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ragasambath
Participant

Re: Invalid character(s) ([xA9]) codpage warning in DS 8.1

Post by ragasambath »

pradeepphulari wrote:Hi,

I am reading a sequential file, performing lookup and wrting into a table. In the process I am calling a shared container to do the otherlookups and get values

I am getting this warnning
main_program: Invalid character(s) ([xA9]) found converting string (code point(s): IBM Confidential, OCO Source Materials, [xA9] Copyright IBM Corp. 2006. All Rights R...) from codepage UTF-8 to Unicode, substituting.

Not able to trace what is the problem

The the job was running fine before including the shared container

Can any one plz help

Rgs,
Pradeep

Hello Pradeep,
Does your input file contains any German/Spanish/French special Characters . if so ,handle while reading data by specifying proper NLS description . This error is due to different encoding representation of characters in the same file . Unix can read these type of data but unable to process .This error message originated from the UNIX Shell
Regards

Raga
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you read the linked post or look closely at the ones here, you'll see that the problem character is a hex A9 - the copyright symbol. And the only time it's been reported here is with that "IBM Confidential" string and have been with a Pivot stage. Hence the question.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers