Dynamically populate Parameter sets

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bensonian
Participant

Dynamically populate Parameter sets

Post by bensonian »

Is there a way we can populate 'Parameter sets' with a dynamical date value. Let's say I have two environments and each every environment has its own value file.

I was wondering if there is a way we can dynamically assign 'current system timestamp' value to the parameter set value files. I know that in the value files you can assign $PROJDEF to refer to project default settings. But I am not too sure if there is a $ (something) in DS that would acheive the intended purpose.

Appreciate your help.
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

I personally don't put parameters that can change on a day-to-day or run-to-run basis into a parameter set. I tend to use them for the environment-facing variables that change on an infrequent basis. But you can provide run-time values to parameters in a parameter set just like you would for any regular job parameter.

Mike
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, there's nothing the way you're thinking. However, there's nothing to stop you updating/rewriting the value file itself, perhaps in a before-job subroutine or in an upstream job, routine or command activity in the job sequence.

Values files for parameter sets are stored in a directory named for the parameter set (and its category) in the project directory on the server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.