mgration from 5.22 to 7.5.2

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You're wrong.

Everything that is supported in version 5.2 is supported in version 7.5.2, and more.

You may be confused by the fact that Hashed File stage does not exist in parallel jobs. But server jobs continue to be supported in 7.5.2, 8.0 and beyond.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

you are wrong....
Wolfgang Hürter
Amsterdam
pneumalin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pneumalin »

May I know why not go to the up-to-date version which is 8.0.1? Did IBM advise you to stay in 7.5.2 for this migration?
jpram
Participant

Post by jpram »

First let me tell that I am migrating from 5.22 Server to 7.5.2 Parallel Edition.
Now I have the query that can i directly migrate it by automatic upgrade as specified in the previous posts??
Or Else should I first do a 5.22 to 7.5 server and then 7.5 server to 7.5.2 parallel?
Also do I need some tool like X Migrator to convert server jobs to parallel?
Or can I just copy and paste my server design to parallel ??
Thanks
Jai Prakash
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

jpram wrote:Now I have the query that can i directly migrate it by automatic upgrade as specified in the previous posts??
Yes, export from the old, import in the new.
jpram wrote:Or Else should I first do a 5.22 to 7.5 server and then 7.5 server to 7.5.2 parallel?
I am not sure why you would need to do this.
jpram wrote:Also do I need some tool like X Migrator to convert server jobs to parallel?
Regardless of the tool name, there is no reason to convert Server to Parallel jobs as part of an upgrade, the PX version always contains the Server version. The tool is also not software, but part of a consulting package by IBM
jpram wrote: Or can I just copy and paste my server design to parallel ??
That is not possible.