uvsh.exe "Memory cannot read"

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tjhaosse
Participant

uvsh.exe "Memory cannot read"

Post by tjhaosse »

Dear ALL

I had a problem about Datastage8.0.1(Windows2003 Sp2).

Every time when i executed jobs(server job or px job), windows2003 always told me that "uvsh.exe error memory can't read".

I am so confused that even job finished with no warnning, I still recived thease kind of message. and the momory usage of this uvsh process can't released after job finish or abort.

Do anyone know how to fix the problem?

thanks very much
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please post the exact, and complete, error message.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tjhaosse
Participant

Post by tjhaosse »

ray.wurlod wrote:Please post the exact, and complete, error message. ...
The message like this:
"uvsh.exe Application error, "0x7c9627f9" in Memory "0xffffffff". The memory can't read"
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Has your site modified any of the xMEMOFF settings in uvconfig (or, for that matter, any of the settings in uvconfig file)? If so, was the regen operation successful?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
tjhaosse
Participant

Post by tjhaosse »

ray.wurlod wrote:Has your site modified any of the xMEMOFF settings in uvconfig (or, for that matter, any of the settings in uvconfig file)? If so, was the regen operation successful? ...
No, I don't change any settings in uvconfig file after I installed IIS8.0.

Do I need to change any setting in IIS8.0?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is where you need to involve your official support provider. There is (currently) less expertise here with version 8 than with previous versions; that is, we have not yet had the opportunity to have a solid "play" with it yet.