Problem While inserting the data in DB2 EE stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Problem While inserting the data in DB2 EE stage

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Hi DSxians,

I am trying to insert the data in a table by using DB2 EE stage. But, job is aborting with the below mentioned error :

Internal Error: (group_.exportSize() <= dbquery->dataBufLength()): db2writeop.C: 985
Traceback: Could not obtain stack trace; check that 'dbx' and 'sed' are installed and on your PATH

I have searched in dsxchange and I have gone through almost all posts related to Traceback: Could not obtain stack trace; check that 'dbx' and 'sed' are installed and on your PATH. I am not able to find out reason and resolution for the same.

This problem is not existed for other tables, when we used DB2 EE stage.

What could be the possible reason for the above error ?

I am inserting the data with WRITE mode.

When I tried by using the API stage, the data is inserting without any problem.

I have checked dsenv file also in DSHOME. Installation is proper for DB2 instances.

Some opinons on the same is really appreciated.
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The dbx and sed error is only secondary to the actual problem in this case, you should concentrate on the
Internal Error: (group_.exportSize() <= dbquery->dataBufLength()): db2writeop.C: 985
part. If you change the load method in the stage, does the error go away? In fact, which load method are you using and is your DB2 instance and table partitioned?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you or any of your colleagues attempted any tuning of buffer sizes?
The message suggests that a buffer allocated for export (translation from internal into human-readable format) is too small, specifically smaller than the buffer needed as a result of analyzing/parsing a database query.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Nageshsunkoji
Participant

Post by Nageshsunkoji »

Thanks Arnd & Ray for the response...

I got solution for this problem...after changing the Write mode option from APPEND to UPSERT....

Not sure reason for this...

Does any body have the light on this solution ....
NageshSunkoji

If you know anything SHARE it.............
If you Don't know anything LEARN it...............