FixPack1 Install Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

FixPack1 Install Error

Post by sjfearnside »

I have encountered an error installing FixPack1 on a Linux Redhat 4.0 server. I wanted to share a solution for the benefit of others. The installation of the fixpack was successful with warning and I had no option but to cancel the install, the finish button was inactive/non-selectable. The error msg inside the message box on the install window (graphical mode used) was 'Failed to initialize reporting engine JREPORT'. There is a corrupt file that causes the problem. The solution that worked for us was to delete the /tmp/WDISuite directory, bounce dataStage (all 3 layers - DataStage (DS), Information Server (IS) and WebSphere Application Server (WAS)). When the tool is restarted it creates a new copy of the WDISuite and rebuilds the file that was corrupt. Then reinstall fixpack1 and it completed successfully.

I hope this will be of benefit to others.

If you need further details, respond to this post and I will be notified.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Interesting. I have the same environment as your, Linux AS 4.0, but I didn't encounter any problem to apply the FixPack1.
I was wondering can you tell me after applied the patch, did it fix your Web Services, MQ, and Information Analyzer problems?
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

What web service are you addressing ? The server is not up for development yet so those problems may show up then but I am able to use the web console. I am going to switch the security to the OS Monday, what security option are you using?