FTP Enterprise stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shilpa79
Participant

FTP Enterprise stage

Post by shilpa79 »

I am using FTP eneterprise stage for the first time.

I am not sure whether the path which I am giving is correct or wrong
Error from dslog:
FTP_Stage: uri : ftp://68.666.6.666/XXX_ftpdev/datastage_test/s/file.xml is having following ftp errors.

In properties tab what should be in the connection:
ftp command = ? ( I have given ftp -u)
username = "xxxlabs\\\\cvx_ftpdev"

If I pass the same username from unix shellscript it wil take only 2 slashes and if I do it from ds its not working thats the reason my dsadmin told me to pass four slashes from ds and test it .

One more issue is if this one works then I have create another empty file with the same file name = file.xml.done indicating that the file was succesfully transfered to the other server.

before I used to do all these ftp stuff with shellscripts now they want me to implement everything through ds ftp stages.

I am not sure i can create a trigger file with this stage

can anyone let me know how does it works

Thanks,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You forgot to post the actual errors.

That's a devilish FTP site you're using!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
xinhuang66
Participant

Post by xinhuang66 »

In URL property, put
ftp://ftphostname[:port]/URIpath

In connection part, you can use username and password property to input username and password, and I will work.
fabianorb
Participant

Post by fabianorb »

shilpa79

URI
Type: Pathname
Name of the URI to get or put the file from or to.It can be more than one occurence. Supports limited wild carding. The expected syntax is ftp://hostname[:port]/URIpath

You have to put a space between "ftp://#IP#:21/" and "#DIR#/REMOTE_FILE.txt"

Code: Select all

ftp://#IP#:21/ #DIR#/REMOTE_FILE.txt
Good luck.
Novak
Participant

Post by Novak »

Hi,

Just wandering if the last suggestion provided any help: "You have to put a space between "ftp://#IP#:21/" and "#DIR#/REMOTE_FILE.txt" ".

I've tried but to no avail. I am getting the same error message "Not a valid remote file!" but the file is easily ftp-ed straight from the DataStage server?

Regards,

Novak