Warnings for decimal fields

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Perhaps you and they have different interpretations of "critical".

A critical issue for IBM is one that would cost them revenue.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Ultramundane
Participant

Post by Ultramundane »

Any bug that can cause my data to become corrupt is critical to me. I also consider it neglect when they find critical bugs and don't inform customers. Especially when they already have the fixes.

When a bug exists that can cause the datastage world corruption, I cannot imagine that not being critical. I do think it costs them revenue as they have to stop and create every customer a one off based on their current one offs that they have already received. I wonder why version 8 was 80 years late. What a nightmare.
ratna
Participant

Post by ratna »

Ultramundane wrote: Yes. And, that error is a big deal. I had IBM fix many corruption issues with decimals. There are several patches which can be installed to fix the issues. It is shame that IBM doesn't know how to inform customers of critical bugs in their products.
do u know where to find the patch? thx before...
Ultramundane
Participant

Post by Ultramundane »

ratna wrote:
Ultramundane wrote: Yes. And, that error is a big deal. I had IBM fix many corruption issues with decimals. There are several patches which can be installed to fix the issues. It is shame that IBM doesn't know how to inform customers of critical bugs in their products.
do u know where to find the patch? thx before...
You can only get the patches if you contact IBM and have them verify that the patches will work for your environment.

The patch numbers are as follows (752 on AIX):
Ecase: meijer (contains nearly 20 patches)
Ecase: 97821
Ecase: 91572
Ecase: 118069