Viewing filesets

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nic
Charter Member
Charter Member

Viewing filesets

Post by Nic »

Could someone please tell me how to view data in filesets. I tried the same method as viewing datasets but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Viewing data in a File Set can be done with a job that uses a File Set stage with the correct control file name and record schema for that File Set; you can use View Data within the job design. Alternately, first cat the File Set's control file (the file with a ".fs" suffix) to learn where the data files are, then you can inspect these with any text viewer.

There is no mechanism for viewing the data in a Lookup File Set.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Data files of the Fileset are in ascii readable format. The aproach that you might have tried to read dataset, will try to convert the data in internal format of datastage into the readable ascii format.
The path and file name of the datafiles will be in the control file with .fs as the extension.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'