For invalid xml the job is getting aborted by showing SIGILL

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

narahari7
Participant

Post by narahari7 »

eostic wrote:You've changed subjects. Up above you noted that you have truly "not" well formed XML --- now you are mentioning an error that occurs on some DS Servers and some not?

This seemed to be a design discussion, not a debugging one. Now I'm confused.

I thought we were talking about xml where you have manually removed the final end tag and want to have it rejected for being poorly formed.

The Job aborts instead of rejects. The solution is to handle aborts in your sequence. If it's not this xml, it could be something else -- it could be a bizzarre character...it could be ANYTHING --- your code should handle aborts regardless. Then, on the xml, "in theory", you should be able to capture it, but as I said, there could be many dependencies.

If, in fact, it behaves the way you want on one server and not another, then you need to do more digging as to what is different among those servers.

Ernie
I have sent an xml by removing one end tag in the input. I was not able to find wat would be difference in servers.