Data Quality - Data Rule stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

k.prashanthi
Participant

Data Quality - Data Rule stage

Post by k.prashanthi »

Hello,

I have a parallel job which is using IA data rules. I have removed a published data ruie from IA and also from the data rules stage in the parallel job and compiled the job but it is still pulling records for that deleted data rule. Can anyone please help me fix this issue.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

Your data rule has been published into the common metadata repository. You also need to remove it from there.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
k.prashanthi
Participant

Post by k.prashanthi »

Thank you Ray!

I am working on data rules for the first time. Can you please tell me where
I can find data rules in the metadata repository. I tried but do not see the deleted rules anywhere.

I appreciate your help. Thank you!
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

We skipped version 9.1 all together but you should be able to delete published data quality rules with the IAAdmin.sh command with option -deletePublicRule

/opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBServer/bin/IAAdmin -user admin -password admin -url https://myhost:9443 -deletePublicRule -projectName project_name-ruleName rule_or_rule_set_definition_name

In IA 9.1 there was not url or SSL by default, you would need to modify the command syntax to your 9.1 environment

Regards
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Julio beat me to it!

Instead of -url option you will need -server and -domain options for IAAdmin command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.